It was created in Samatya (in Constantinople). There was a girls’ section attached to the St. Sahakian boys’ school of Samatya. In 1857 thanks to the efforts of Samatya’s Armenian community and the activity of the beneficiaries it was possible to obtain a separate building for the girls’ school, which was opened on June 30. The name of the school-St Nounian school for the girls was given in the honor of St. Virgin Noune. The Nounian Foundation was a unity of Armenian women, their purpose was the patronage over the Nounian school.
 Pōghosian, Epʿrem, Patmutʿiwn hay mshakutʿayin ěnkerutʿiwnneru, vol. 1, typ. Mkhitarian, Vienna, 1957, 571-573.